Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Mixed ViewStyles within the data source bound tree
posted

I need to mix different types of ViewStypes (Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTree.ViewStyle) on the different levels of a data source bound tree. I would like the top two levels within the tree (each level is a DataTable) to appear as a Standard tree node whist the bottom level to appear as a Grid (multiple Cells).  This is the structure that I would like to get:

+ Level 1

+ Level 2

+ Level 3 Column1 | Level3 Column2 | Level 3 Column 3| ...

What is the easiest way to achieve something like that? If I start with tree ViewStyle Grid all levels within the tree appear as single or multi-cell grid levels. Thanks!

Parents Reply
    posted in reply to Mike Saltzman

Mike, I do have 2 relationships under Level 1. Since Level 1 has 2 child DataTables I have one relationship to parent table for each child table.  Below is the complete structure of this tree. For each table in this structure I create a child-parent relationship.

+ Level 1

+ Level 2a

+ Level 2b

I've included a sample project that demonstrates a similar behavior, one parent Datatable with two child DataTables and two relationships result in an extra set of sibling nodes. If I remove one of the relations (right now there a two, one for each child) only one of the child tables is shown. I cannot just create one child table and add two data rows into it. Although this would resolve this problem,  in my case, each child table can has its own set of table specific columns. Therefore I need two child tables. Project code is included. This is the screenshot of the tree in the sample project.

Children