Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Word Document Compatibility
posted

Is there a list of objects that are supported by the RichText Control?

I have a word document (Original.jpg) and when i open it using the RichText control it loses alot of the formatting (Saved.jpg).

Parents
    posted

Hi,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking into your question and currently we do not provide a public list with all the supported features of Word document which can be visualized correctly in XamRichTextEditor control. Could you please tell me which elements from your Word file cannot be rendered correctly?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

posted in reply to Anthony Lisbona

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I have been looking into your scenario and the XamRichTextEditor is designed to display the same content as the MS Word in its default Page Layout view. As mentioned here:

http://help.infragistics.com/Help/Doc/WPF/2014.1/CLR4.0/html/InfragisticsWPF4.Controls.Editors.XamRichTextEditor.v14.1~Infragistics.Controls.Editors.XamRichTextEditor.html,

the XamRichTextEditor is using the Web Layout view. When loading a document in the XamRichTextEditor, its appearance should be similar to appearance of the MS Word document when the Web Layout view is selected.

I tested the XamRichTextEditor importing the provided Word file and specific fields are not supported and they are visualized with red background in the control. My suggestion is to submit a new product idea to support Page Layout view listing the elements that are not visualized correctly.  

Steps to create your idea:

1. 1.       Log into the Infragistics Product Ideas site at http://ideas.infragistics.com (creating a new login if needed).
    2. 2.       Navigate to the product / platform channel of your choice (e.g. WPF, Windows Forms, ASP.NET, HTML5 / Ignite UI, iOS / NucliOS, etc.)
    3. 3.       Add your product idea and be sure to be specific and provide as much detail as possible. Explain the context in which a feature would be used, why it is needed, why it can’t be accomplished today, and who would benefit from it. You can even add screenshots to build a stronger case. Remember that for your suggestion to be successful, you need other members of the community to vote for it. Be convincing!

The benefits of submitting the product idea yourself include:

• Direct communication with our product management team regarding your product idea.

• Notifications whenever new information regarding your idea becomes available.

Additional benefits of the Product Idea system include:

• Ability to vote on your favorite product ideas to let us know which ones are the most important to you.  You will have ten votes for this and can change which ideas you are voting for at any time.

• Allow you to shape the future of our products by requesting new controls and products altogether.

• You and other developers can discuss existing product ideas with members of our Product Management team.

The product ideas site allows you to track the progress of your ideas at any time, see how many votes it got, read comments from other developers in the community, and see if someone from the product team has additional questions for you.

Reply Children